A writer constantly seeking to better her craft, Meredith is a freelance writer and editor who has spent the last two and a half years working for her alma mater’s marketing department, building up story-driven content marketing on the web site and in email and print campaigns to high school students. Currently based in the greater Denver metro area, her long-term goal is to work in the magazine industry as a writer and editor primarily working with narrative nonfiction.
Download Meredith’s complete resume.
- Copywriter/Web Writer for Taylor University Marketing.
February 2014-May 2014
- Investigative Reporting Intern for City Limits. Researched using web-based resources and various libraries, including City Hall Library and Brooklyn Historical Society’s library. Provided direction to collaborating CUNY journalism students. Interviewed experts on arson and fire investigation, immigration and crime trends, etc. Wrote main 2,000-word piece for publication’s investigative project.
Fall 2013-January 2014
- Writing intern for Taylor University Marketing. Worked with Director of Media Relations on institution’s web and print content for internal and external audiences. Pitched and wrote feature stories for alumni and admissions magazines, as well as home page of the university’s web site. Interviewed university administrators, faculty, staff, alumni, and students.
- Writing Intern for the Smithy Center for the Arts. Wrote and edited press releases. Interviewed exhibiting artists and wrote Q&As and spotlight articles for SCA’s web site. Parked cars and aided the elderly at theatre productions. Worked as a “spotter” at a fundraiser auction, collecting buyers’ information.
- Shift manager at Danny’s Main Street Market.
- Features Section Editor of The Echo. Worked with staff writers and contributors, helping them prep for interviews, focus their stories, and polish their writing. Worked with designers and photographers on the overall look of the page, making sure the design and photos worked with the articles. Set up interviews, edited, and pitched stories for every weekly edition.
- Staff Writer for Taylor University‘s Marketing Department. Wrote and edited news releases, web copy, and articles for the Alumni and Admissions magazines.
- Profile Book Production, an independent study Meredith did with another writing student, in which she profiled current seniors, compiled their stories into a book, and built a web site to distribute the book and keep the project going.